Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!!!!!

I had an awesome 32nd birthday yesterday! The girls and I started off the day with a Memorial Day service at Poquoson City Hall and they got to help lead the pledge of allegiance. Then we had lunch at the Taco Chicken Hut with some great friends from church, the Bardens and the Freemans. After making a quick run to Bed Bath and Beyond and Target for beach towels and pool toys, you guessed it, we spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool. Best of all, though, was a DEE-LISH-US birthday dinner over in the 'hood. (Our entire group of friends (except us) that we hang out with on a regular basis all live in the same neighborhood) It was such a great, low key day, and exactly what I needed!

Some of you may know of the problems that had been plaguing me with my Patriot. Mechanically, it was sound enough, but other than that it was just really poorly made. The last straw was when the door moldings started falling off. Absolutely ridiculous. SO, for my birthday, Den bought me this!!! 2010 Ford Fusion. It is fully loaded with everything Ford offers except parallel park assist, and it is getting 30 mpg city and over 40 on the highway! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car!

I was hoping to have pictures from yesterday to show you, but my camera is on the fritz. Apparently this deployment's issue is going to be electronics. First my computer, now my camera, which has been out of warranty for all of 2 months. Grrr.





No comments:

Post a Comment