Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Out of Order

Every deployment's drama seems to have a theme to it. Korea was the plumbing. Apparently this one is electronics. My laptop got a horrible virus that completely crashed it the day after Den left. Luke, my favorite computer genius, was able to finally clear it all out and get it up and running again. A few weeks later the charging port broke off the motherboard, effectively making my laptop a very expensive paper weight. Unless I am willing to send my computer and $250 to HP (which I am decidedly not) it will remain that way. So, I think, "Wellllll, it's not that big of a deal. The desk top is a little slow, but it will suffice for now....." 2 weeks later, something corrupted the operating system, rendering it completely useless. When it rains it pours. I took it to Luke on Monday and he is trying to save it for me. God bless a man who works for homemade cookies. Until further notice, I am offline. I saw a mousepad once that said, "A clean house is a sign of a broken computer." My house is spotless.

No comments:

Post a Comment