Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Starry Snowy Southwest Night

I think I have discovered a way to get around the Blogger issues, at least temporarily. After some research, a lot of people have started having the same problem I am and it has to do with a glitch in the way Blogger and Picasa interface. I have been assured that they are working on it.

Tonight we attended DM's Starry Snowy Southwest Night, which is the annual base tree lighting ceremony. They bring in literally tons of snow and these desert kids get to have an evening of snowball fights and snow angels. This year, the children of some of the 900 deployed airmen from DM (including mine) got to help Santa light the Christmas tree. We had a wonderful time playing in the snow and ice skating in 80* temperatures. Summer took a point blank snowball to the eye and may or may not have a shiner in the morning. I tried to take a picture of her, but she was having none of that!

I know they won't be reading this, but I really feel the need to thank USAA, Chick Fil A, In 'N Out Burger, and all the other companies that donated their time and goodies to help make tonight such fun. Oh, and Santa Claus. Musn't forget to thank Santa Claus. Don't want to end up on the naughty list!


No comments:

Post a Comment