Saturday, January 20, 2018

January 21st

It has been a cold, nasty week here in San Antonio. We didn't really do much of anything. I read a book that I got from the 50 cent box at work called Etiquette and Espionage. Turns out it was a teen fiction book about a finishing school that trains assassins and intelligencers in a steam punk version of the early 1900's. It wasn't bad for a kid's book. If the library has the sequel, I will probable read it, but I wouldn't run out and buy a copy. This one will be re-donated back to the 50 cent box.

Friday I finally got in to see the oral surgeon about the lump in my face. They informed me that it appears to correlate to the tooth where the root canal was done and bumped me back to the endodontist that did the root canal. Take good care of your teeth kiddies. They also notice something odd in my sinus cavity that is unrelated to the other problem, so I will be visiting my PCM for a referral to an ENT. Did you know that an ENT's official title is an Otorhinolaryngologist? I actually learned that in ROTC during my freshman year at SWT. It came up on a list of potential careers in the military and I had to look it up. For some reason that little nugget of information seems to have stuck with me.

We woke up on Saturday morning to a much milder day and the government shut down. Since Dennis and I both work for the government, that was a bit of bad news to start the day, as now neither of us are being paid. I have every faith that Congress will get their heads out of their rears and pass something before payday rolls around, so I am trying not to jump on the freaking out bandwagon just yet. FYI to members of Congress... I will be voting for whomever runs against you in the next election.

Summer had a friend over to spend the night and they decided to take advantage of the warmer day and take some pictures at the Pavilion next door. They are quite literally the only pictures we took this week.



Next week should be infinitely more exciting. What will most likely be Paige's last ever high school swim meet will take place on Saturday, Summer starts cheering for basketball, and there are several other fun and exciting things on the calendar. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment