Saturday, November 14, 2009

I would just like to start this off by reminding everyone that I am from coastal Texas. I could read a hurricane tracking chart before I could add and subtract. I remember all to clearly what a hurricane is like. Fast forward to this week and the freak of nature they call a Nor'Easter in this part of the country. Hurricane force wind driven rain is SO much worse when it is 50 degrees outside! Fortunately, we weathered the storm with little damages, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of people in our little town of Poquoson. The people here are tough though, and more importantly, neighborly. All over town today, people were helping each other clear debris. People with trucks were going into the hardest hit areas and doing what they could for the people that live there. I had forgotten how a small town bands together in the face of a disaster. Today I am proud to be a Move-In.
Low Tide

This is Den standing in our backyard. Note the water level.


Right Before High Tide


High Tide!




The Damages!





No comments:

Post a Comment