Sunday, May 16, 2010

Down On The Farms

Today we took the girls for some fresh air fun. Our first stop was Bluebird Gap Farm in Hampton. Bluebird Gap Farm is a city park that simulates a working farm. We had so much fun. There were tons of animals, including some really cute babies and a nice playground. We even ran into my Bunko buddy, Sarah, her hubby Steve, and their adorable little guys Brady and Eli. We had so much fun. They are trying to get a 4H program off the ground, so that may be right up Paige's alley. We shall see.

I don't know what kind of tree this was, but it was literally CRAWLING with caterpillars. Big ones, small ones, and ones of every color.

These baby goats were so cute. We spent a lot of time feeding them and their momma.


I love how completely blissed out this little guy looks while Den is scratching his ears.

There were about 15 ducklings of various sizes.

Paige made friends with the Shetland pony.

I wonder if she was stuck.

Taking a little break in the shade.




After leaving Bluebird Gap Farm, we headed for the strawberry patch at Wood's Orchards Farm and Market, where we took a hayride out to the patch and then spent about half an hour picking strawberries and eating them straight off the vine. I don't think I've done that since I was a kid.

Sticky sweet Summer.

One last berry for the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment