Friday, July 2, 2010

Such a Blessing

Most of you have heard me sing the praises of Paige's 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Hancock. Being a military wife, she was exactly what Paige needed while Den was deployed. Her daughter, Caroline also ended up becoming one of Summer's besties.

What I haven't talked about is the rest of Paige's class. Maybe I'm a little biased, but I think they were probably the best 4th grade class in the school. Almost the entire class made the honor roll every quarter. They all got along, they were supportive and encouraging of each other, and were all a pleasure to be around.

At the end of the year, Mrs. Hancock sent out the nicest poem with a picture of the class and I just felt like I needed to share it...

I've worked with your flower,
And helped it to grow.
I'm returning it now,
But I want you to know...
This flower is precious
As dear as can be.
Love it...take care of it
And you will see
A bright new bloom
with everyday...
It grows in such a special way.
In September...a bud, Midterm...half-bloom;
Now...a lovely blossom
Comes home to you in June.
Remember this flower
As dear as can be,
Though rightfully yours...
Part...belongs to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment