Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Christmas Surprise

About a month ago, Dennis told me not to make plans for December 17th, that he had plans for us and that we would need to dress up. I said OK and didn't think anything else about it. Little did I know that he had one of the most amazing evenings we've had in a long time up his sleeve.


The original plan was that we would all just wear our Christmas dresses to his surprise. Unfortunately, as with most things involving Christmas this year, it got put on the back burner and promptly forgotten about. Thanks to my Grandmother, who sent this dress for Paige in the mail earlier in the week and having a dress or two left over from cotillion last year that would fit Summer, we still able to get all dolled up for our big night out.

I made Paige take a picture of me since when I was putting together the calendars that I make for our grandparents every year I noticed that there are very few pictures of me. New Year's resolution number 57 I guess.



The first half of our surprise - dinner at The Melting Pot, which really was a surprise, because, like all men, Dennis always says that there is no way he is paying that much money to cook his own food.

The second half of our surprise just about had me in tears. I have been wanting to take the girls to a performance of The Nutcracker since they were born. It was a Bucket List item for me. So when we pulled into the Ferguson Center, I was SO excited. It was everything I hoped it would be. The dancers were superb and both girls sat completely enraptured for the entire 2 hour performance. Afterwards, they both pirouetted there way to the car and danced all around the house. They still are this morning. Happy momma!



No comments:

Post a Comment