Tuesday, August 21, 2012

JAMZ Camp

This past weekend, Summer and I attended JAMZ Camp. This was my first experience with an actual cheerleading camp, and I have to say, I was really impressed. It was completely high energy, nonstop for 8 hours a day. The kids loved it, but boy, by Sunday afternoon they were zonked. The instructors were professional, well trained, safety conscious, and very thorough. I would send Summer to one of their camps again in a heart beat.


 Cowboys Mighty Mites Cheer




The guy in the sweatband, Chris, was our team's staff buddy, and let me tell you, boy had some serious skills. I just kind of stood there with my mouth hanging open watching him. 


The Saberbabies stunt group getting some help from Priscilla

Summer is backspotting this stunt

Throwing and Soaring Award for Stunting Excellence

Lauren teaching the Beginner Level dance


Day 2! Lauren and Keke working with the Beginner Level dance for the show


This is the camp dance that all the cheerleaders did together for the show


I don't have a lot of pictures from the second day of camp because I am a total dingaling and forgot to charge my camera the night before. I took these last two with my phone after we got home from the second day of camp. Also, I have video from the Friends and Family Show at the end of camp, but since it is likely to cause extreme motion sickness, I opted to leave it out.

Summer came away from camp with a Performance Award, the Throwing and Soaring Award, AND the JAMZ Future Starz Award, which was the highest award given to the under 12 age group. So proud of my baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment