Monday, September 3, 2012

Menu Plan Monday and Weekly Savings





Breakfast (The Most Important Meal of the Day!) 
Fruit Smoothies and Belvita crackers (kiddos love these, they are SUPER filling, and I have a coupon)
I also keep at least one box each of healthy and junky cereals just in case.
Milk / Juice / Coffee / Tea

Lunch (What I Am Packing)
Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches
Grapes
Celery and PB
Clif Bar and Dark Chocolate
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Capri Sun (They were on sale at the Commissary last week for $1!!!!!!)

 I know that seems like a lot for a school lunch, and it is. The girlies are allowed a snack during the school day, so instead of packing some prepackaged convenience food, they can just choose something from their lunch box. I also include a cup of yogurt and an extra piece of fruit or some trail mix in Den's lunch for during-the-day snacking.

After School Snack
It's clean out the pantry week! Anything in the pantry is fair game for snacks

Dinner (It's What's For Dinner) 
Turkey Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries, and Salad
Hickory Smoked Brisket, Ranch Style Beans (Den bought a case of them at Costco), and Grilled Corn on the Cob
Grilled Chicken, Pasta Salad, and Salad
Chicken Pot Pie (more cleaning out the pantry)
Rotisserie Chicken and Salad (this one will be for Thursday night because I have a function to attend)
Grilled Chicken, Cheddar Mac, and Salad
Leftovers (Or Pizza Hut if we don't have any leftovers)

 Any links in the menu are to the online recipe to that item. I grocery shop on Thursdays, so my menu ranges from Thursday to Wednesday, with Wednesday night always being a clean out the fridge smorgasbord.

And speaking of grocery shopping.......

I save a total of $153.53 in coupons and loyalty card specials at the grocery store this week for a total of 48% savings. It was an expensive week, because not only did I do my end-of-the-month stock-up, I have started picking up care package items here and there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment