Sunday, September 9, 2012

Out Of The Frying Pan....

I hate frying things. HATE it! It's messy and it makes the house smell. I also don't like cooking bacon in the microwave. It makes the microwave smell like bacon for days. I know, I know, whine much? Well folks, I have a solution. I have started cooking my bacon in the oven. This may not be the revelation to some of you, but I grew up in the south, where not only is bacon friend in bacon grease, but so is everything else, to include most green vegetables. Cooking the bacon in the oven could not be easier. Here's how it's done.

1. Lay out your bacon strips on a foil-covered baking sheet. The foil allows for a much easier clean-up.

2. Put the baking sheet in a cold oven, then turn the oven to 400*.

3. Set the timer for 18-20 minutes, depending on how you like your bacon, and walk away. When the timer goes off, you will come back to nice crispy bacon. Enjoy!

** I am still working on getting turkey bacon right. I tried cooking it longer at 400* and it still was kind of limp. Today I am trying cooking it at 425* instead of 400*. We'll see how it turns out. I'll post an update here when I figure it out.**

No comments:

Post a Comment