Monday, January 12, 2015

Menu Plan Monday


I have had a lot of success with menu planning. It cuts down on our grocery costs, as well as the amount of food that we waste. This week, I am teaming up with Laura at Orgjunkie.com to share this week's menu.

Breakfast: Mixed Berry Green Smoothies
I cut up all the fruit in advance so I just have to throw things in the blender

Morning Snack: Carrot chips and guacamole
I bought the crinkle cut carrot "chips" and individual serving-size ready-made guacamole from the produce section at the grocery store. I make my homemade guacamole with pico de gallo mixed in and have found that it tends to smell everything up when taken to school or work, even in a sealed container.

Lunch: Peanut butter roll-up on Lavash bread, Bell pepper slices, Strawberries, Almonds, and a Sugar Cookie
This is what is going in our lunch boxes this week. On the weekend, we chow down on leftovers at lunchtime.

Afternoon Snack: Bell Pepper Slices and Sunbutter
I also have a variety of other grab-and-go type snacks in the pantry, but I will be snacking on these and hopefully the kids will as well. I sliced up all the peppers in advance to make them convenient.

Dinner
I do a lot of the meal prep (chopping, marinating, etc) all at once on Sunday night, that way during the week, dinner prep is a snap.

Monday: Balsamic salmon with a cranberry, pecan, and kale salad
Tuesday: Pecan crusted chicken tenders with sweet potato cubes and snap peas
Wednesday: Smoked turkey and mixed greens with pomegranate, blue cheese, and pecans
Thursday: Burgers with purple potatoes and green beans
Friday: Sausage, potato and collards soup
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Steak and mixed greens with pomegranate, blue cheese, and pecans

Dessert: Chocolate pudding
I try and always have some kind of dessert after Sunday dinner. This version is made with avocado and dates. I have a gluten free pie crust in the freezer leftover from a baby meal that I made. Maybe I'll put the pudding in that and top it with some coconut whipped cream. Yummy.




No comments:

Post a Comment