Saturday, January 10, 2015

Surviving January

The girls started back to school and Den and I started back to work this week and we survived. It was tough getting back to the grind, but we did it. Report cards came out and both girls made the honor roll again this quarter. We had a rare cold, rainy, nasty day, which I was so excited for. I came home after work, changed into pajama pants and a t-shirt and finished the book that I have been reading since October - The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane. It was really good, but definitely more of a summer read. It made me miss the Atlantic. Summer got the all-clear to head back to cheer this week, so she started that back up on Friday night. Den is steadily working on the '69 Bronco, and it is starting to look like a vehicle again. I am so excited to see what it will look like when it's all finished. I had an MRI this week on my head and neck to look at vascular structures as a possible cause of my headaches, which, I am happy to say, I am going longer periods without. They still occur daily, but some days they won't show up until late in the afternoon. I am taking that as a good sign. Den and I each have a sweet Grandma that ended up in the hospital this week, so prayers for them would be greatly appreciated. That's about it for us. 2015 seems to be off to a pretty good start!

 Summer amazes me with her work ethic at Physical Therapy. You should see her doing squats on the Bosu Board!

One evening, I left Diesel alone long enough to use the restroom and I come back to him gnawing away on Den's VARNISHED javelina skull. Dumbo.

Summer and her friends enjoying our rare nasty day.






Oh, and since I forgot to post our beautiful New Year's snow pics, here are a few of my favorites!






No comments:

Post a Comment