Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a lovely Valentine's Day here at the Casa. I went overboard, as usual. :) Den and I decided that trying to celebrate Valentine's Day out and about with the masses just wasn't our speed. So, we had some good friends over for dinner and just had a really nice evening. Before that, though, I had to send my girlies off to school in their Valentine's Day finest. (Of course)

Summer needs no urging to dress up. She came up with this one all on her own. Might I say we have gotten a LOT of mileage out of this pettiskirt.

Paige, alas, seems to have outgrown cutesy holiday outfits, so she went with pink and wore a heart necklace as a nod to the occasion.


As I mentioned above, I have the teeniest tendency to go overboard. I can't seem to help it, so as long as others benefit from my insanity, I'll just keep on keepin' on. Summer needed a Valentine's card receptacle of some sort for her class celebration. I will throw in here, that I am trying to use up some of my scrapbooking supply stash, so I jump on any chance I get to do so. We were going to decorate a shoe box, but then we ran across this little basket at Walmart and decided that 1.) It was WAY too cute to pass up and 2.) If we packed it away carefully, she could use it again and again. I had the letters and the LOVE sticker in my stash and my mother-in-law sent me the giant flower back around homecoming to make the girls mums. Didn't get around to that one because football/fall soccer season is INSANE around here. For her valentines I was originally planning on doing something else, but the basket turned out so cute and I had all the supplies to make these, so we did these instead.

And now for the GOODIES!!!! I made mini doozies from those icky little Pillsbury holiday cookies, some frosting, and sprinkles. Those cookies are vastly improved by icing and sprinkles. I also made an asssortment of rice krispies treats. These were for the teacher appreciation treats at Summer's school.
We started the day off with cinnamon rolls with pink frosting and strawberries cut into heart shapes (these were not, because the girlies ate all the cut ones before I could get a picture). The girlies each got a chocolate rose from mom and dad.
I made pink cupcakes for our Valentine's Day dinner.
Side and desserts - a big green salad, strawberries and pink yogurt dip, and the cupcakes.
And the main course - heart shaped cheese and pepperoni pizzas, and a thin crust white pizza, because that's what I wanted. The mini-pizza was a cheeseless pepperoni for Paige.

That's all the pictures I got though. Once our company got here, I was having way too much fun to take any more. I tried to get a few of the 4 kids, but they wouldn't be still and pose for me and I didn't feel like chasing them. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment