Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Fe Comes To The Old Pueblo



We were super excited to have family come and visit us this past week. My aunt, uncle, and sister flew in on Thursday and we crammed in as much southern Arizona fun as we could in the 4 days they were here.

They got in pretty late on Thursday night, so the fun and games began on Friday with a tour of the squadron and the A-10. Aunt Donna and Uncle Joe had never seen her up close, so it was especially cool to see their reactions to stuff.






I took advantage of actually being in the squadron with my camera to get a quick pic of Den in his new office. He was not excited. LOL
 More impressive to everyone than the new office was seeing Den's name on the sign outside the squadron. 


After the squadron, we took them over to El Guero Canelo for a true Tucson treat - The Sonoran Dog
Once our tummies were full of the above-mentioned goodness, we headed south to Tubac to do a little shopping. It was hotter than the surface of the sun down there, so I didn't take any pictures other than this one. I think I want to find a light like this to put on my patio
After a couple of hours melting in Tubac, we headed back to Casa de Haggis and cooled off with some poolside drinks and a beautiful sunset




Saturday it was going to be 114 here in Tucson so we decided that the cooler 106 in Tombstone would be much more enjoyable. Tombstone was on everybody's must-do list, so we packed up the Tahoe and headed east. We had lunch, saw the showdown at the OK Corral, toured the famous Bird Cage Theater, and even managed to find Lone Star Beer (first time I've ever seen it outside of Texas) at the Four Deuces Saloon.










Saturday also happened to be Auntie Donna's birthday, so we surprised her with her favorite German chocolate cake and some fireworks


My sister's one mission out here was to take the girlies on a shopping spree and boy did they hold her to it! Den took my Aunt and Uncle out antiquing and I took everyone else to the mall. Then we met back up at the house and enjoyed a good meal and a nice final evening together complete with a fashion show of the girlies' spoils.




It was such a wonderful visit and I did not want it to end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment