Friday, March 27, 2015

Now It's Time To Say Goodbye To Jed and All His Kin....

The wait is over! Casa de Haggis will be packing up and moving to beautiful Randolph AFB in San Antonio, TX. We are over the moon excited at the chance to return home and allow our girls to finish out their schooling years near family, something they have never had. For those of you who don't know, Dennis is from San Antonio, and in fact, his mother lives within minutes of Randolph AFB. We were married in Chapel 1 at Randolph and Randolph was also Dennis' very first duty station. We will truly be coming full circle!

That being said, we are only 10 weeks out from heading to Texas and I am behind the curve already!!! I think today shall be list making day!!! Maybe, somewhere the the hustle and bustle of the next few weeks, I'll find some time to blog about it.

I did learn something new today from a gal in one of the Facebook groups I follow. Military One Source will allow you to put it your present duty station, your gaining duty station, and your departure date and will customize a day to day calendar/to do list that you can print out! Where was this on our last 6 moves???

According to my freshly printed handy dandy calendar, today I should be arranging temporary lodging here at DM. Hmmm, that would be nice to do - if our orders had been cut, which they haven't. Last Friday I should have decided what to do with my house plants. HAHAHAHAHA! Check! I inadvertently kill everything green that I attempt to put in the ground or a pot! Next Tuesday we should have a family meeting and discuss our teens' issues. My teen has made her issues abundantly clear, repeatedly, so I guess we can call that one a check. It also says that I should be having a yard sale on Monday. Who has a yard sale on a Monday? While I think this calendar is a smashing idea, it is going to need a little tweaking to work for us. Still, it's nice to have!

I suppose it's time to log off and dig out my PCS binder. Time's a wasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment