Thursday, February 11, 2010

Having Someone to Love is Family. Having Somewhere to Go is Home. Having Both is a Blessing.

The Family Room in the new house encompasses a living space and the kitchen. I don't plan on including a dining area in this room, but I would love to find a great old farmhouse table or large kitchen island to provide some visual separation. I found an awesome Ethan Allen farm table for $100 at our local thrift store. If it's still there when I go back it was meant to be! I would also like to mention the groovy 70's grasscloth wallpaper. At first I HATED it, but it has grown on me. It adds some warmth to the room. I would love to attack those built-ins with a can of bright white paint. That and some new hardware would make a VAST improvement.


This is a view of the kitchen from the other side of the great room. I love all the white. The current valance will be removed by the homeowner. I am not entirely sure what I am going to do in there. Most likely a couple of nice kitchen rugs and some new valances will be all I'll need.

If you go around the corner from the refrigerator in the picture above there is a good sized pantry. Just picture those shelves lined with clear glass canisters and some great bushel baskets underneath the shelves!
There is also this convenient little media center across from the pantry. I will be on the lookout for a great chair and maybe a new lamp shade here. I wonder if there is a way to paint or refinish the brass fixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment