Monday, February 1, 2010

The Yankees Know One Thing ....

Being a South Texas girl, I didn't get a whole lot of snow growing up. I don't know how to drive in it. I don't know how to shovel it. And I certainly didn't know you could make dessert with it! (well except for the maple syrup and snow candy that I read about in Little House on the Prairie as a little girl). Imagine my surprise the other day when I read that my girlfriend Jackie was making snow cream. What on earth is snow cream you may ask? Well, this is snow cream....

All you need is 1 gallon of clean snow, 1 Tbsp. of vanilla extract, 1 cup of white sugar, and 2 cups of milk.

Mix it all together in a great big bowl and Voila! - Snow Cream

It gets the Girlies' Seal of Approval!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank PDub for the idea to take pics of the ingredients and the actual steps of a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment