Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day here at Casa de Haggis was, I'm ashamed to admit, kind of a lackluster affair. My heart just wasn't in it this year (no pun intended). Nonetheless, we Bluebonnets had a great day. It was beautiful and sunny spring weather. The girls and I took on an ambitious valentines-making project that Summer found on Pinterest. I love that they take a more active interest in these little "projects" now that they are older. It makes is so much more fun. That's a whole separate blog post, though. P has kind of outgrown the whole cutesy holiday outfits phase of her life (sniff, sniff), but thankfully, Summer's still fit from last year, so we were good to go. We celebrated that night with a heart themed breakfast for dinner and ice cream cake for dessert and had a nice visit from our next-door-neighbor, Julie, who's hubby was also working that night. And, of course, we got in some Face Time love with Den, which is always the best part of the day.

Happy Valentine's Day from Bluebonnets and Haggis!






 Will you be my Valentine?

 The Valentines that we made together are in the basket on the left. In the basket on the right are these crazy light-up roses that Paige bought for her friends

I broke out the silicone heart shaped muffin pans that I bought 3 or 4 years ago and we made these cute heart shaped crayons.

And, of course, I can't take any pics of Summer without at least one duck face!




No comments:

Post a Comment