Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Easter Traditions

Easter this year was a quiet affair. We had a deep family discussion about the Resurrection and shared Easter dinner with our good friends. Not many pictures were taken, but I did remember to catch some of our annual traditions.

The sunrise over the Rincons on Easter morning was spectacular



Dennis and his brothers used to make a bunny cake every year for Easter. It's a tradition that we have continued with our girls, and one I hope they will continue with their own children one day



I always have to make my Nanny's fruit salad and then try and stop myself from eating it all before dinner!

Since there were so few of us this year, I opted to only make my Great Great Aunt Selma's lemon meringue pie instead of making both that and her coconut cream pie. One or both of those pies has been on my Easter table for as long as I can remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment