Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Thunder and Lightning Over Arizona

I LOVE airshows. This year's Thunder and Lightning Over Arizona did not disappoint!


JET TRUCK!!! It was SO loud, but easily one of the coolest things at the show.


One of the highlights of the show was getting to watch our friend Rifle put on an outstanding (and slightly terrifying) acro show. 





The absolute best part of the show for me was the CSAR demo. Being a part of the A-10 community, I have heard dozens of war stories. To see this, though, really brought home what a truly honorable mission CSAR's do. It is such a beautifully orchestrated dance. I stood there watching it with tears running down my face.
 n



Our friend Shiv, the West Coast Demo Pilot put on a spectacular show, as usual

Thunderchickens Unite!


There is just something about the legacy aircraft. There is no sound like those radial engines. 


After a hot morning, we decided to skip the pricey airshow food and take advantage of being near the base for our favorite Sonoran dogs at El Guero Canelo

And.... then there was this guy. I don't know who was more uncomfortable - Dennis or Summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment