Monday, April 22, 2019

Menu Plan Monday


It's been a REALLY long time since I did one of these. But, like everyone else, the HaggisFam is trying to eat a little more healthily these days. One of the big things is eating actual breakfast, not just grabbing something quick on the way out the door. I'll try and remember to link all the recipes I can.

Breakfast
Hard Boiled Eggs, Avocado Toast, and Fruit

This is a great way to use up those leftover Easter eggs! Dennis and I finally broke down and tried avocado toast. I mashed together 1/2 an avocado, a squirt of lime juice, and some kosher salt and then spread it on two slices of whole grain bread. Oh, and then I sprinkled it with some black pepper. We still have some enormous oranges left over from the bag that we bought last week, so I segmented one of those and he and I shared it. The girlies are not avocado fans, and Safeway kindly gave me a coupon for a free loaf of Pepperidge Farm swirl bread, so the got toasted cinnamon swirl bread and half of one of the giant oranges.

Lunch
Turkey sandwich, carrots, grapes, string cheese, and leftover Easter candy

Afternoon Snack
Carrots and Olive Dip

I substituted Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise in the olive dip recipe


Dinner
Easter Dinner (Not going to go into too much detail on this one)
Grilled Cuban Citrus Chicken Breasts and Spinach Salad with Mango, Walnuts, and Goat Cheese
Petite Sirloins, Mashed Potatoes, and Spinach Salad
Mustard-Dill Pork Chops, Leftover Potatoes, and Asparagus
Chicken Stir Fry with Broccoli and Carrots over Cauliflower Rice
Carne Asada and Bell Pepper Lettuce Wraps with Jicama and Guacamole
Leftovers or Takeout

There's no fancy recipe for the chicken breasts. I found a cuban citrus marinade at Safeway that is put out by Food Network. The carne asada came pre-marinated from the meat counter at Sprouts.


Dessert
Easter Pie

I kind of got away from Shakeology and I have a pretty good size backstock of it, so I am going to try replacing my lunch with a shake since I am frequently eating lunch alone. This week I am going to try making Peaches and Cream shakes.

That's it for this week. I would love any feedback or ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment