Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Resurfacing

I posted on my Facebook that today was the day I was going to stop wallowing in loneliness and rejoin the land of the living. So far so good. The house is clean, I have on actual clothing (no sweats), and I actually left the house to take Paige to the doctor and go to the grocery store. It's not just that, though. I actually feel better. I wasn't prepared to feel so blue this time. I didn't last time he left and I wasn't that worried about him leaving. It kind of caught me off guard. After talking to my girlfriend last night I realized why. Last time they were all gone. There was tons to do and everyone was in the same boat. Here, it's just him. There isn't that safety net this time. Although, of the friends I've made here, one's husband is at sea until April, one's husband left the day after Dennis, and one's husband is getting ready to leave in a couple of week, so I am definitely not alone. Here's what I think is my solution.

1. I am making a concious decision to get over it. (so far so good)
2. Although I originally planned to not get involved in stuff here like I was in Tucson, I am going to have to because there is only so much HGTV I can watch. I will just have to remember to keep myself in check.
3. I am actually going to USE this gym membership. Exercise = endorphins = happy Sarah. Plus, if I work out enough it will take care of the not sleeping issue. I will try every other alternative before getting my ambien refilled.
4. I AM going to get crackalackin' (sorry, we watched Madagascar last night) on my scrapbooks. Not because I need to get caught up on them, but because scrapbookng makes me HAPPY. Plus Den built me that great desk. It would be a crime to let it go to waste.
5. I will remember that it could be worse. If he had been picked up to go in the next rotation instead of this one he would have been gone a year.

With that, it's time to go move another load of laundry through the washer and dryer. Then maybe I'll get going on some of that scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment