Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Wishes From The Lands Where It Happened.

Hello to all and I hope this finds you well on this Easter morning! I am sitting down at the office right now drinking a nice warm cup of TEXAS PECAN coffee and eating 4 pastel colored almond M&M's. Great breakfast I know mom.....sorry.

I went to the Sunrise Service this morning. It was an outdoor service on the East side of Al Faw Palace. The sky was cloudy with some distant storms but you could still see the sun peering through. The backdrop for the stage was several small palm trees that are prevalent around here, which are probably the same type of palms that were used for Jesus Christ.

It is really tough not being able to see my girls in their Easter dresses and helping the Easter bunny with the eggs. This seems to be the holiday that I always miss. However, having Easter service this close to where Jesus actually walked and breathed softened that blow. Especially since we had the service at one of Saddams old hangouts.

I hope you all enjoy your Easter and be thankful for that lady in the front row of Church with the big hat, and be thankful for all that we have. Do me a favor and have a good feast today with some good southern potato salad, and please tell all that I can't be with today that I love them..

No comments:

Post a Comment