Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back to the Battlefield

Today we took the Chinnocks to explore the Yorktown Battlefield. We had a great time exploring the history of our nation. I can't wait to check out the other historical places here. (Inch by inch the geek in me is resurfacing)




In front of the museum are the flags of the 13 original colonies.


Inside the museum. This mural didn't photograph as well as I had hoped it would.






Learning what it was like to cook in a colonial kitchen



There were free roaming turkeys and chickens all over the farm area



Paige and Summer with some of the colonial ladies.




We got an artillery exhibition. I had no idea how loud those cannons really are. (Video to follow)




This was one of the artillery guys, but I was so pleased with the way that this picture turned out that I plan on printing it and mailing it back to the museum.




A stop by the surgeon's tent made me ever so slightly sick to my stomach.



Amelia and Summer on the trolley



The girls had a blast running through the maze at The Nelson House.


Yes, that is a Revolutionary War cannonball embedded in the side of that house, and yes it has been there since 1781.

No comments:

Post a Comment