Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dem Bones Dem Bones

Well, I finally got in to see the doctor about my foot. I started out in the Orthopedic Clinic where the doctor went over my x-rays and CT scan and decided that it was not a case for Orthopedics, but for Podiatry. Thankfully, the very nice podiatrist worked me in right then so I didn't have to come back. That was about all the good news I got. The problem with my foot is that the joint between the navicular and cuneiform bones (see diagram above) is disintigrating. The disintegration is being caused by a number of cysts in the cuneiform bone. The only way to fix it? Surgery to reinforce the cuneiform bone and then fuse it to the navicular bone. I guess I will be joining the ranks of the bionic. The worst news though? I will have to be in a cast for 3 MONTHS!!!!! Counting out from the April 22nd scheduled surgery date that brings me to July 22nd! Nearly the whole summer in a cast! So much for those Water Country USA passes we got for Christmas. At the end of the day though, it will all be worth it to not be in pain any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment