Monday, March 29, 2010

If Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body Then I Am Wonder Woman!

Because I am in so much pain right now and this is pretty much my only outlet for whining, I thought I would share with you some inspirational quotes.

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually, it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
--- Lance Armstrong

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey."
--- Kenji Miyazawa
I like this one. What journey can I fuel with this pain? I can feel some kind of deep and spiritual answer to that question lying under the surface, but unfortunately the pain is too bad to focus.

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."
--- Unknown
Hmmm, this one seems relevant. How do you separate the two, though?

"Pain is deeper than all thought; laughter is higher than all pain."
--- Elbert Hubbard
Maybe laughter IS the best medicine. The hubs is pretty funny. Maybe I can talk him into doing some standup for me.

Oh, well, pain is only temporary. In a few days the worst of it will be past and I can focus on getting back to normal life. Busy week this week. There should be some pictures and fun stuff to blog about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment