Saturday, March 6, 2010

Well Done My Good and Faithful Servant

Our friend, Lt. Col Mike Phillips was called home yesterday at 11:35 in the morning. His fight with esophageal cancer was a long and painful one, but he never wavered in his faith and praise of God's love. Thank you to everyone who prayed without ceasing for Mike and I ask that you continue to pray for Deanna and Elizabeth as they face a new life without him. I am saddened most for them. As for Mike, I can't help but be a little happy for him. There is no more pain, no more needles, no more doctors, only eternal peace and the warmth of God's love. If you are unfamiliar with this amazing family, I encourage you to visit Deanna's blog http://inhishandandholdingontightly.blogspot.com and read their story. It is an inspirational tale of faith and love and commitment like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment