Saturday, March 6, 2010

Master Bedroom Re-Do: Part 1

Welcome to my master bedroom. As you may have noticed, it is pink. Den, being the manly man that he is, was not about to sleep in a pink bedroom for any length of time, so the other day we took a trip to Home Depot to remedy the situation. Guess what! Home Depot is clearancing out Ralph Lauren Paint!!!! It was only $14.99 a gallon. That's cheaper than Wal Mart! Anyway, after looking at paint swatches for nearly an hour, I finally settled on a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L shade called Canyon Blue.

The Befores

I like to call this stage outlining.

I have the sweetest, most awesome hub in the world! His love notes will always be there under the paint.


The final product. I can't wait to sleep in the delicious darkness that this color creates in the room.

As you may have noticed, our mattress and box springs are on the floor. There are a couple of reasons behind this.

1. Our old bed was so squeaky and creaky that it started waking us up.

2. Having them on the floor actually feels pretty good on our old aching bones.

So..............

I am hoping that our next step in our bedroom redo will be a new bed. Den really wants a platform bed, but those generally tend to lean toward a modern style, which ours is decidedly not. We shall see what we can find!

2 comments:

  1. I have NO IDEA how I got here, but I've been flipping through posts and when I found this I had to comment. We painted our bedroom with multi-color glazes and in one corner there's a heart with our initials. You can only see it if you crouch down, get the light right and squint really hard. But, like you, we know it's there and it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete