Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hee Hee Hee and A Happy Halloween

What is it about bathroom humor that makes us giggle, even as adults? Maybe it's just me, who knows, but Bathroom Humor is the theme of this week's care package. Here's some math for you? What does questionable water + food cooked in even more questionable water + an irregular schedule + a wonky sleep/wake cycle equal???

Tummy Troubles

Den requested more Immodium, so I decided to create and entire care to improve upon the whole bathroom experience. It was Paige's idea to add in the humor aspect. So, here's what we have....

I decorated the two side flaps with pics of the girlies laughing and I had each one tell me a joke to print out as well. The Laffy Taffy's for the bottom flap were Paige's idea.

Close up of the, I guess you would call this the title flap?

Inside the box I included a bag of socks, soap, and a wash cloth that came with a note from a gentleman from the local Native American community. These came in a "starter box" given to us by the Airman and Family Readiness Center. I added a stack of car magazines, 3 individual packs of Kleenex, and a travel sized Pepto Bismol. Oh, and the new holster Den ordered that has nothing to do with the theme of the box. (Although I'm sure a few of you more creative minds out there could come up with a link)

Next up are 4 rolls of GOOD toilet paper that was not provided by the lowest bidder, some Charmin wipes, and the requested toothpaste and Immodium. 

I am also sending the Halloween box this week. There is nothing out of the ordinary about this one. I included a small light-up jack-o-lantern for his room and a bunch of candy and Halloween novelties to share. I DID finally find a bag of Candy Corn Oreos and those are in there as well as a bag of Candy Corn M&M's and a big bag of actual candy corn. What can I say? The man loves his candy corn. (But only in the month of October) I decorated the flaps with pictures from Halloweens past and some Halloween stickers from my stash. 

 Here's a close-up of the title flap.

That's it for this week. The next package I send out will be for Den's birthday, so stay tuned. I have some really great ideas for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment