Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Who Does Number Two Work For???

No, this is not a post about poop. My morning caffeine has not yet entered my blood stream, so I am not firing on all cylindars. Sadly that was the only thing that popped into my head when I thought, "Hmmm, what would be a clever title for this blog post?".

No, this post is about care package number two that went out yesterday afternoon. I got some great care  package ideas on Pinterest, so, in turn, I am going to put my own up so maybe other people can get ideas.

This week's theme was Good Morning! Den has a pretty standard morning routine. He gets up, he drinks a glass of juice while his coffee is brewing and then he takes it out onto the patio to drink it. Most mornings involve a second cup. One thing you may know about Den is that he is a total coffee snob. There will be no Maxwell House or Folgers in his cup. Instant coffee is the devil. SO, coffee, was the obvious choice for the anchor of this package.


I put in all the Green Mountain Coffee Pumpkin Spice K Cups that we had left, because, let's be honest, I'm not going to drink them and no one wants Pumpkin Spice anything after November anyway. I also put in two bags of Den's favorite coffee, Texas Pecan from HEB (available only in TX, so we have to rely on the kindness of friends and family for him to get his fix) and a box of Heath Bar individual shelf stable creamers. I was so excited to find these. 


Now some of you may be thinking, what an odd thing to send. One of Den's biggest complaints is that the milk there is AWFUL. It's reconstituted, has a freakishly long shelf life, and tastes bad. I am sure it's full of the highest quality hormones and antibiotics the lowest bidder can buy.

I like to always add in some homemade goodies. These are pumpkin spice mini-muffins.

And finally, the filler. Drink mixes and gum. Always appreciated.

Now here is where Pinterest comes into play. I ran across a pin from a gal who uses the inside flaps of the box as a sort of scrapbook page. GENIUS I SAY!! Why didn't I think of that? Since this was a Good Morning themed box, I included a pic of each girlie right as they are waking up in the morning (note there is no picture of me freshly woken up. I want him to come home, right? LOL)  and also a picture of the sunrise on the mountains in our backyard. It's the view he takes in every morning as he drinks his coffee on the patio.

Next week I will be sending two packages. Since I am not sure how long they will take to get there, I am going to go ahead and send the Halloween package next week, not to be opened until Halloween, along with an as-yet-to-be-determined themed package. Maybe I'll let the girlies pick it. Maybe I'll let YOU pick it. Leave a comment with a theme idea and if I pick yours, homemade goodies will be coming YOUR way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment